Business Planning Workshop Register now In this action-packed 2…Read More
Register Now Preview modal- Financial markets are moving and…Read More
Time for a business health check-up? Posted on August 12, 2022
Dear Business Owner,
How have you been feeling lately? Are you losing sleep, low on motivation, making lifestyle choices that you know aren’t good for your health but you’re so stressed you just don’t care?
Your physical health is often a symptom of poor business health. If your business is not humming along soundly, it is stressing you out and having all sorts of negative impacts on your wellbeing.
So, if you’re keen to get your life back, you should definitely see a doctor about your physical and mental health, but don’t forget to check in with your business advisor to improve your business health too.
What’s involved in a business health check-up?
- Making the appointment – this is an important step in recognising things aren’t quite right with one or some parts of your business and you could use a little support to make improvements. You might know what areas you need help in – finance, staffing, marketing, supply – or you might not know, and that’s OK. You don’t need to know the solution at this point in the game.
- Succumbing to a once-over – this can be a vulnerable step but a third-party business advisor will ask you about all aspects of your business so that they can identify the strengths and opportunity areas.
- Diagnosis – this part defines the problems so that you can lift out of them and concentrate on the solutions. From re-structuring to technology systems, your business advisor will be able to present you with some healing processes. They are experts with proven track records for building, saving and growing business.
- Building healthy habits – this is where you start to apply some of the advice. It’s most effective when you keep your business advisor close through this process because it can be difficult to commit to new ways and sustain them. A business coach will encourage you AND remind you why you’re doing this.
- Celebration – this is the part where you look back and realise that your check-up saved your business and your life balance. Imagine if you’d let things go on as they were. Would everything be OK, including you?
Like all check-ups, they’re daunting to think about and not nearly as daunting in real life. They’re always worth it.
Troy Marchant is our resident Business Advisor and Coach. With more than 30 years of supporting businesses to thrive during some of the toughest years for business to operate, he is able to walk business owners through the end-to-end process of a business health check and ultimately reclaim control of business. Book a business health check with Troy Marchant now.